Monday 17 August 2015

Amsterdam Haul


Another Amsterdam post today and it's a beauty haul! While we didn't go to Amsterdam to shop, we just couldn't resist when we were there, and when we stumbled upon Douglas, a shop which was solely beauty, fragrance and skincare, there was no holding back. So I did have a little, no massive splurge, but it was so worth it.







I picked up three lipsticks and one lip liner. I've been looking to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to lips recently and All Fired Up does this for me. I don't like red lipsticks on me, they just don't suit me at all, but I think this colour is a happy medium. It's very close to red, but it's a very deep, bright pink. I love it! Syrup is a very me shade, it's so easy to wear and very comfortable, I love it. Love Pop is a lot like a few other of my purple shades, but much more moisturising and it has a glossy feel on the lip. I bought Subculture to match my beloved Velvet Teddy lipstick and it's the perfect shade. I could also wear the lip pencil alone too or maybe add a bit of gloss.





A few of my friends have been recommending the Beauty Blender and the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer for so long now and while I was in the splurging mood, I picked both up. I'm still in two minds about the beauty blender, I really like the finish it gives, but I'm still unsure about whether it's worth the price when my real techniques sponge comes in so cheap. However I'm in love with the primer! It's the best primer I've ever tried and I can really see a difference in how long my makeup lasts and how it sits on my skin.

I finally picked up one of the Eyes on Mac palettes. I chose the Burgundy one and I'm so happy with it. The shadows are pigmented and easily blend-able with a great variety of mattes and shimmers. I think I've used this palette everyday since I bought it, I'm obsessed.

I've been lusting after this brush for the longest time and I can say it's one of my best purchases. It's the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush. I won't go on and on about this, although I easily could. It completely changes the texture, feel and over all look of my foundation. It's amazing and I highly recommend it! I'm definitely going to be buying more Bobbi Brown brushes.

I never buy perfume for myself, but while I was in a "treating myself" mood, I thought why not.This YSL Black Opium perfume is gorgeous, I can't get enough of it. I'm not going to try and explain the scent of it because I'm simply rubbish at trying to describe scents, go and smell it for yourself!

What have you been splurging on lately? Any recommendations?

Emma x

No comments :

Post a Comment