Friday 15 January 2016

My Staple (Faux) Suede Jacket

I’ve been on the hunt for a faux suede coat/jacket or gilet for a while now, but I haven’t found the right one. I didn’t want one too heavy or too long. As you can clearly see, I’m curvy and short so too heavy and long would have been a disaster. So when I stumbled on this one in New Look, I had to pick it up. It was the last one in the store and it was in my size, it was clearly meant to be! 

It’s very light, but also extremely cosy. I love the fit, as it is a little loose, so perfect for all my winter jumpers and I feel that it hangs just right at the front. With a few of my other coats, I get a little bit clustered, because they are so heavy and thick but I don’t see this being a problem with this one. There is another key factor in why I decided I couldn’t overlook this item, its price! I picked it up in the sales last week at a bargain price of £26!!! After looking on the New Look website there is only a few left, so I’ll link some others that look similar. 
I didn’t think I’d be able to wear a coat in this material or style as I thought it wouldn’t suit my size and I wouldn’t feel comfortable. However I honestly do feel great wearing it. Going along with one of my resolutions (being happy) I’m going to wear what I think I look good in. If I do lose weight fantastic, but I’m also going to try and feel good in the body I have now too!
Let me know if you have you own staple suede jacket, or what is your winter staple jacket? 

p.s Hat, Primark. Sunglasses (similar), Asos. Top (similar), New Look. 

No comments :

Post a Comment